Laxmaiah Manchikanti, M.D.
- Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, ASIPP and SIPMS
- Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- Professor of Anesthesiology –Research, Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, LUS Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA
- Co-Director, Pain Management Centers of America.
- Medical Director, Pain Management Centers of Paducah, Paducah, KY, the Ambulatory Surgery Center, Paducah KY; and Pain Management Center of Marion and Pain Care Surgery, Marion, IL
He also served as a member on the Murray State University Board of Regents, Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure (KBML), Medicare Carrier Advisory Committee (MCAC), American Medical Association (AMA) House of Delegates, and the Carrier Advisory Committee (CAC) of the National Government Services. Through his work with various organizations, Manchikanti has been instrumental in the preservation of Interventional Pain Management through specialty designation, mandatory Carrier Advisory Committee (CAC) representation, reimbursement, and the passage of NASPER. Manchikanti has testified before Congress on various occasions as an expert witness on controlled substance management and interventional pain management.
Dr. Manchikanti has published over 580 publications and serves on several editorial boards. Dr. Manchikanti is also the editor of 12 books designed for interventionalists:
- Interventional Pain Management: Low Back Pain - Diagnosis and Treatment. 2002
- Interventional Pain Management: Documentation, Coding, Billing - A Practical Guide for Physicians and ASCs. 2002
- Principles of Documentation, Billing, Coding & Practice Management for the Interventional Pain Professional. 2004
- Interventional Techniques in Chronic Spinal Pain. 2008
- Interventional Techniques in Chronic Non-Spinal Pain. 2009
- Foundations of Pain Medicine and Interventional Pain Management: A Comprehensive Review. 2011
- Clinical Aspects of Pain Medicine and Interventional Pain Management: A Comprehensive Review. 2011
- Pain Medicine & Interventional Pain Management Board Review Self-Assessment. 2011
- Essentials of Practice Management: Billing, Coding, and Compliance in Interventional Pain Management. 2012
- ICD-10-CM for Interventional Pain Management: A Practical Guide. 2016
- Essentials of Interventional Techniques in Managing Chronic Spinal Pain. 2017
- Essentials of Regenerative Medicine in Interventional Pain Management. 2019